Pages

Sunday 26 February 2012

A Boost a day ...

I had a bit of a boost today on the writing score, which has left me feeling quite pleased with myself.
I entered a competition at the beginning of the month (which I didn't win, I didn't come anywhere near as it turns out) for which I received some feedback from the judges.  If I'm honest this was one of the main pulls for the competition which only had a £1 entry fee.  I was essentially paying this for comments on my work.  I thought this a bargain as usually it's quite expensive to get a critique done.
Anyway, they pointed out where I was going wrong with my entry, points which I have taken on board, but the main thing that I was chuffed with is that they thought it was well written and they could see my potential.
I was over the moon with this.  I know there are areas that I need to work on, but as my writing grows I see these areas improving.  I'm just glad that the raw materials are there.  I've got the basics down, now I just need to start polishing a bit more.

It's definitely given me a push in the write direction.  I currently have two competitions that I have entered that I may still be considered for but as the advice always says, 'don't dwell, just get on with the next piece'.

So that's what I'm off to do!

1 comment:

  1. Wow well done Heather, which story was it?

    ReplyDelete