Pages

Tuesday 21 February 2012

Motivation - it's what you need ...

Hi folks,

It's been a little while since I last posted.  I haven't really been feeling in the zone of late, I was full of cold last week and couldn't concentrate on anything.  Coupled with my increasing unhappiness in my job, I really haven't been feeling particularly creative.

Still, I've come out the other side of the germs with a renewed determination to get some work done.  I made a promise to myself at the beginning of the year that I would start taking my writing seriously, and that I would get at least one thing published in the next twelve months.  I have entered a couple of competitions so I've already made some progress.
For some reason I had it in my head that once I'd submitted a story to a competition that story was then useless in terms of submission.  But of course, unless it wins anything, after a certain period I am free to do something else with it.

So, I plan to rework a ghost story I sent off in October and look for somewhere else to send it.  I also sent a love story to a competition earlier this month, which didn't get anywhere, but there is to be some feedback on all entries.  Once I've had this I can rework it and resubmit it as well.

So all in all, I actually have started making gradual process.  Now I have realised this my motivation and confidence has boosted enough for me to pick up and carry on in earnest.

Watch this space, I could be bringing you news of a success at some point in the future.  Fingers crossed!

Until next time,

H xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment