Pages

Friday 3 February 2012

Struggling with Hitchhikers ...


Hello everybodies,

I’ve been making a point since Christmas to do a lot more reading than I had been.  I love reading but with work and family life I never seemed to get much of a chance for it.

I guess it’s one of my New Year’s resolutions to consciously make more of an effort to make the time for reading.  I went onto Goodreads.com and entered my Reading Challenge.  I was amazed at some of the challenges people were setting for themselves.  One person had challenged herself to read over 300 books in one year!  I’ve gone for something a bit more conservative and have aimed for 12 books in a year.  I think this is quite manageable, considering that I will be doing an OU course for nine months. 

So I’ve been doing alright on the reading front and making my way through the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy, which I didn’t realise is actually five books, or as Douglas Adams calls it ‘a trilogy in five parts’.
I whizzed through the first four books and really enjoyed them but the last one, Mostly Harmless, is proving to be a bit of a struggle.  I haven’t been concentrating on it and don’t quite know what’s happening at the moment.  I put it down for a couple of weeks to read something else, which I finished quite quickly, but now I think I’m going to have to restart Mostly Harmless.  I just need a good hour long stint on it to get myself back into it.

I’ll let you know how it goes.

Until next time readers,

H xxx

1 comment:

  1. 300 books in a year!? Can't imagine it. Your 12 sound much more reasonable - and that OU course might just involve a little bit of reading as well. :) Good luck with it.

    ReplyDelete