Pages

Saturday 19 May 2012

Doing my homework ...

I've decided that I'm going to write a story to submit to a popular women's weekly magazine, so this week I've begun doing some research reading the short stories they print.  It's quite handy that my mum buys the magazine regularly so she's very kindly passing them on to me when she's read them.

My plan is to read through a few of them to get a feel for just what they're after and then write something that I think will suit.  I'm nervous and excited all at the same time, I'm actually taking my writing a bit more seriously and trying to get it accepted.  This is a huge step for me, especially in the confidence stakes.

I'll let you know how my progress goes.  Step one, story idea ...

2 comments:

  1. Good luck Heather,

    I have done the outline for a couple of the women's mags, and although I haven't dared to submit any stories to anyone yet. It is a big step. I'm sure you can do it though. I think getting past that first submission is a big step and it should be easier to do second time around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you :) For what it's worth I agree with Nicky, it gets easier tha more you do it.

    ~ Rhonda Parrish

    ReplyDelete