Pages

Saturday 7 July 2012

Wunderful Wunderlist


I've been a bit outside the writing zone for the past week. Not too far on the outside, I can still see all of my ideas and plans floating around in there. But I can't quite push my way in through the fog to get to them.
Whenever I come close to breaking through, some distraction or other pulls me away and the writing is forgotten. Ideas are springing into my head constantly and whizz their little way off inside the 'zone', there to remain out of my reach, laughing at me while I dance a merry jig on the outside.

However, I may have just stumbled across something that will help me with my problems. The latest issue of Writers Magazine landed on the doormat at the beginning of the week and I came across an interesting letter. It actually referred to an article in the previous issue that I'd been meaning to follow up but, as usual, I got a bit sidetracked with the rest of life. The letter was a good reminder and this time I decided to act while it was still in my head.

I'm talking about an organisational tool called Wunderlist. It really has been 'wunderful' in starting to get me back on track with everything creative. There is no limit to how many lists you can have, and I have one for every aspect of my life, from household chores and shopping lists, to wedding things and OU study. I also have a list for every writing project that is floating about in my head.
Within these lists I assign various tasks to be done and set a deadline for each. You can then choose to look at all tasks for 'today' and they will all be shown together, across all lists.
I find this truly invaluable as my main problem is keeping track of all the things I want to get done on various things. This way I can see everything on one page and I can keep up to date more easily. I have also downloaded it onto my smartphone, which automatically sync's with the web version so I can keep track of things on the go too.

If you're interested in taking a look for yourself then visit www.wunderlist.com.

Now I've finished this post, I off to check it from my list ...


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the recommendation! I will put it on my to-do list :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a great tool. It takes up so much energy to remember everything and being able to write it all down into a list certainly frees up some brain space. I tend to get overwhelmed if my to do lists get too long though. Good luck getting it all done. :)

    ReplyDelete