Pages

Tuesday 11 December 2012

Cheers, Cavanaugh Blogfest!

I know I'm a day late with this, but we bloggers have the chance to show our thanks and appreciation for the wonderful Alex J Cavanaugh for all he has done for the online writing community.
I only came across his blog and the Insecure Writers Support Group four months ago, but I wanted to show my thanks for what is a lovely and friendly place for all the writers traveling on the same journey together. I for one get great encouragement from the posts each and every month.


  
So for this hop there are four questions to answer:

1. In +/- 20 words, what does Alex look like?
2. In +/- 20 words, who could play Alex in a documentary? (Living or dead.)
3. In +/- 20 words, who does Alex remind you of?
4. In +/- 100 words, (excluding the title) write flash fiction using all these prompts:

                                                 • Cavanaugh
                                                 • Ninja
                                                 • IWSG
                                                 • Cosbolt
                                                 • Guitar For

Bonus Points:  In+/- 40 words, leave a comment for Mrs. Cavanaugh - thanking her for sharing


Rules:        • Join the Linky List
                   • Be a follower.
                   • Post your 200 (total) word contribution Monday, Dec. 10.
                   • Have Fun!

Two winners – chosen by Alex – will each win one prize:
FIRST PLACE: A signed copy of CassaStar.
GRAND PRIZE: A picture of Alex and a download of him playing the guitar. (*One caveat: Alex asks the picture or download NOT be shared online.)

 
I'm going to have a go at these questions but I think my limited exposure may restrict me a little in my answers. Here goes:

1. In my mind, Alex is dark haired, very laid back and more than at home in some jeans and a hoodie, probably with a university logo on it.

2. When I try and picture him, all I see is Josh Radnor from How I Met Your Mother.


3. This is a tricky one. I guess my dad, no matter how much he's got going on, he still has time to help others out.

4.  Short and sweet:

Alex Cavanaugh, super NinjaSelflessly coming to the rescue of writers everywhere, asking nothing in return other than the success of said writers. Armed with Cosbalt and Guitar, the leader of the IWSG battles fearlessly for the virtue of the written word. Giving a voice and platform for undiscovered talents and tales, he truly is a hero for all of us.


Thanks Alex for starting this for all of us! 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, Heather! I'm definitely more comfortable in jeans. Really glad you've enjoyed the IWSG and hope it continues to encourage and uplift you.

    ReplyDelete