Pages

Thursday 6 December 2012

Everything at a stand still



This week I haven't been able to get much done in the evenings. After picking up the little one from school I'm home by 3.30pm, which theoretically gives me more time than I used to have to get all the house chores done so I can sit down and write or study.

However, this is one of those weeks. Everything for me just stops, I can't concentrate on much of anything. We're now over half way through this one and I've just come to realise the effect.
It only happens for four weeks in every year, but I just get completely sucked in and the other things just have to suffer. I have even been known to take two weeks holiday to accommodate it.

I realise now that I've made quite a build up to this thing and I'm afraid you're all going to be a bit disappointed when you find out what it is.

I'm almost embarrassed to admit to it now.

Oh well, I might as well.

The thing that has me so engrossed is the snooker.


Ok, you can stop laughing now.

If I'd said this at the beginning of the post would you have continued reading this far?
Honestly? 

I realise it's not a sport that everyone gets, but it produces as much edge-of-the-seat stuff as any other sport does. Right now I can't believe that Mark Selby is 3-0 down. The jester from Leicester. He's the world number 2!

Anyway, I'm hoping that after the weekend I'll be able to catch up with all the things I'm now behind with. It's a good job the Christmas holidays are coming up really.

Don't worry, normal posts will resume shortly ...



                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment