Pages

Monday 21 January 2013

My Favourite Martian Blog Hop!

martian  



So the guys over at The Geek Twins are hosting a brilliant blog hop along with Just a Dash of Geek and L K Hill.

It's looking at what everyone's favourite martian or alien is from anything you like.
I've been thinking about this one all day, and I just can't seem to make my mind up. There are just too many possibilities.
I'd finally decided on one but the first post I see on this blog hop had the very same character I was thinking of. Darn it!

So, after much deliberation I've finally decided that my favourite alien is .......

Lwaxana Troi!

 
Image courtesy of nl.memory-alpha.org


 Daughter of the Fifth House,  
Holder of the Sacred Chalice of Rixx, 
Heir to the Holy Rings of Betazed.

She is such a wonderfully strong character, never failing to bring some colour and humour to the Universe wherever she appears. She has such exuberance and seems on an endless mission to find herself a new mate, something that makes both Captain Picard and Odo quiver in their boots.

She does still have a softer side though, which comes out now and again, giving a much fuller dimension to her character. And of course she was portrayed by the excellent Majel Barrett Roddenberry, an actress that managed to get onto every incarnation of the Star Trek series, and will certainly have a treasured place in the heart of every Trekker.

So, who's your favourite martian? Head on over to one of the hosts to sign up and check out everyone else's.


               ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~  

15 comments:

  1. An inspired choice! I love Majel Barrett Roddenberry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saying hello from the blogfest... Thanks for sharing your selection. I too am with IWSG and I did A to Z last year. Funny how our paths haven't crossed before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by. I'm really looking forward to the A-Z this year.

      Delete
  3. She doesn't put up with anything! Remember the episode where she was to marry and she came in naked and proud?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! Poor Deanna, I guess she takes more after her father.

      Delete
  4. She was great in Next Generation. But better in Deep Space Nine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoyed the relationship between her and Odo, especially when he had to regenerate in her dress. Hmm, that sounds odd if you don't know what we're talking about!

      Delete
  5. Yes, Lwaxana was a great alien character, even if I can never remember how many vowels are in her first name. ;) I was thinking of her earlier in my Blog Hop rounds, because a few people picked Q, and there's a great Next Gen paperback where Q and Lwaxana meet and the resulting battle of wills nearly takes out the Enterprise D for good! :)

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Q-in-Law! Loved that book. You know, I don't know of many other people who read the novels. I've got so many in boxes under my bed! Kind of like my guilty pleasure I suppose.
      Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  6. Barrett had so many lives in the Star Trek universe, but this is the most memorable. Thanks for hopping on the blog hop! I'll be back

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, I really enjoyed this blog hop.

      Delete
  7. Interesting choice! After this blog hop, I'm definitely going to have to go back through Star Trek and re-discover all these awesome aliens again!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't think I have ever seen her. Was lost until you named Star Trek.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I never heard of her until reading this post!

    ReplyDelete