Pages

Friday 16 August 2013

It's Friday, yeah yeah!


                   *****************************************

This post is part of the 'Celebrate the Small Things' blog hop hosted by VikLit, and is for celebrating even the smallest of victories during the week. Head on over to her blog to check out more people taking part in this hop, and to sign up yourself too.

                    *****************************************





This week I'm celebrating:

  • Spending some quality time with my daughter in the summer holidays. We've been to my parents caravan at the coast and she really has worn me out. It's been good fun though, and I wouldn't exchange it for anything.
  • Submitting my first story for a competition! I don't have much hope for it I must admit, it was a bit of a rush job, but I've jumped that hurdle of finally sending something off. Onwards and upwards now!
  • Just feeling relaxed. It's been a long time since I felt this chilled out, and I'm hoping it's going to last. I'm coming to realise what's most important to me, and what I want to do with my life. That's a pretty good feeling.

How about you guys, what are you celebrating this week?

Whatever it is, enjoy your weekend!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

17 comments:

  1. I keep meaning to enter competitions, but I always run out of time. I need to make it one of my goals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been one of my goals for over a year, he he. I finally made it so I'm sure you can too!

      Delete
  2. Entering competitions are always a great experience.

    As is feeling relaxed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Feeling relaxed is definitely nice, and I hope it lasts. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  3. Well done for taking that step. You never know where it may lead you. Sounds like you are having a lovely summer, hope it continues for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Suzanne. It's a good feeling having the first submission, so I know at the very least it's going to lead me onto submitting more.

      Delete
  4. Congratulations! First one is always the most difficult. No matter what happens, you know you can submit again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alex. I've been one step away from submitting my first story for a long time, so now it's finally gone I'm hoping it'll be the start of something regular. Fingers crossed!

      Delete
  5. You have wonderful things to celebrate. Congratulations on getting a story out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jan. It's taken a long time but the first one's finally gone. I'm sure it'll be the first of many.

      Delete
  6. That's great you submitted a short story! Keep on writing!

    Ana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ana, writing is coming easier each day. I might just be finding my writing groove.

      Delete
  7. Yay, congratulations on entering the competition and good luck :D

    Ah, yes... and the relaxation part sound awesome. Send some my way, will ya? lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Relaxing vibes are on their way! It was such a good feeling to finally submit to a competition, I hope I can keep it up.

      Delete
  8. Good luck with your story, getting it out there is the main thing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome you got some time with your daughter, and good luck with your story! You never know. You might surprise yourself. :) Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on your submission! :)

    ReplyDelete