Pages

Tuesday 4 March 2014

Can I have your autograph? - Express Yourself

 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Express Yourself meme is a weekly jaunt brought to you by Dani at Entertaining Interests and Jackie at Bouquet of Books. At the beginning of the month the girls will post a gadget with a list of topics, something different for each week. Make sure to head on over to either of these blogs to check out the details more fully and see who else is taking part.      
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~




This weeks topic: Do you have any autographs? If not, whose would you love to have?


There used to be a cool shop in my local city called Kulture Shock, and they used to organise loads of events with actors from Star Trek, Buffy, Babylon 5 and plenty of others. I collected quite a few autographs from these events, including:

George Takei
Walter Koenig
Robert Beltran
Alexander Siddig
Garrett Wang
and others ...


By far my favourites though were Andy Hallett and Mark Lutz, who were Lorne and the Groosalugg from Angel.
www.fanpop.com

It was frustrating at the time because they were an hour and a half late, but they were totally worth it when they got there. 

I was very sad to hear of Andy Hallett's death in 2009, in fact it will be the fifth anniversary at the end of this month. I will treasure this autograph, he was such a lovely guy and it was such a shock that he died at the age of only 33.


Have you any autographs that you treasure? Who's would you like to have?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks J. I haven't had a chance to add to it for a little which is a shame, I'll have to keep my eye out for some events coming up.

      Delete
  2. I don't collect autographs as such, but I go to book signings. I have several but my favorite is Susan Wittig Albert because she made her talk and signing feel like a visit between friends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Book signings are always good, and far more enjoyable when the author is so amenable and engaging.

      Delete
  3. Wowzers! Nice autographs you have there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jackie. This was a great topic, I'd forgotten about all of these so it was nice to go through them again :-)

      Delete