Pages

Monday 10 March 2014

Sayings and catchphrases - Express Yourself

                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Express Yourself Meme
The Express Yourself meme is a weekly jaunt brought to you by Dani at Entertaining Interests and Jackie at Bouquet of Books. At the beginning of the month the girls will post a gadget with a list of topics, something different for each week. Make sure to head on over to either of these blogs to check out the details more fully and see who else is taking part.      
                       ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


This weeks topic: What saying or catchphrase do you say ALL the time?


I found this quite tricky to think of something myself, so I asked some of my friends instead. I thought they'd probably be the ones that would know best.

It turns out, apparently, that something I say quite a lot is 'Good luck with that', but not in a sincere or hopeful way. 
It's usually in response to someone else's suggestion to try or do something which I know is a pointless activity. More often than not I've already tried to explain the difficulties involved and when they don't listen my response is simple:

'Well, good luck with that.'

I'm sure the level of sarcasm injected varies depending on the person and the task, but I've no doubt it's there in some way.


How about you? Do you have a saying you're known for saying a lot?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

12 comments:

  1. I don't know if I have a catch phrase, but I say cool a lot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This one is tricky, trying to think what you say the most.

      Delete
  2. I should ask my peeps what my most common phrase is...though I'd be afraid to hear their answer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He he, that's what I had to do, I figured they'd know better than me. It's risky though ...

      Delete
  3. I think I say this sometimes as well. haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't realise until I asked people, and now I have to laugh when I hear myself say it!

      Delete
  4. I'm seriously wondering if people notice something that I say or type frequently, but haven't told me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mine would probably be awesome. I use it a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hahaha That's a good one. I was asked something similar this Summer, when I had just bought my phone. I don't remember what I was trying to do, but I was struggling, and when I explained it to my co-workers, one of them said, "And how are you doing with that?" We all laughed.

    ReplyDelete