Pages

Saturday 11 April 2015

Join in with the community #AtoZChallenge

This post is part of the A-Z Blogging Challenge 2015. If this is something new to you, check out the website here to find out all you need to know.

My topics this year are covering studying and/or writing advice and guidance, to maybe help you as you cope with everything else in life.

 


 Join in with the community


Being a writer and studying via distance learning are both very solitary endeavours. You have to push yourself to keep moving, have discipline to do the work instead of anything else, and at times it can feel lonely and isolating.

But we don't have to be alone. There is a whole world out there, full of people doing the same thing that you are and probably having the same worries and insecurities about it. You just have to take the time to go out into this wonderful blogosphere, and it won't take long to find them.

If you're reading this, the chances are you're probably a part of one of these communities already, and it's vital to your survival to make contact with others and share in each others pain.

More than a few times I've had my doubts, I've nearly quit, but so many of you have offered the words of encouragement to carry on and here I still am, plugging away. 

Don't be alone, reach out to others and together we'll make a success of ourselves, and help others along on their way too.


4 comments:

  1. During my OU courses I sometimes found it hard to join in with the community aspect because I only got online once or twice a week and discussions often ran ahead of me so by the time I dipped back in, everything had been said.

    I definitely enjoyed the courses more when I did get to join in a lot. I'd recommend getting involved with groups during studying because it really helps motivate you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've tried to get involved with the OU forums but have found it a very lonely place. Not many people are on there very often, and it does put me off venturing on there. I guess all it takes is one person to get a discussion going, maybe I should try being that person ...

      Delete
  2. I completely agree with your post. I'm in long distance learning too, and an author too, and it does get lonely sometimes. I'm glad to have my friends support me, but it's not always the same.

    My latest Blogging from A to Z post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Friends are great to have for support, and I certainly wouldn't be without mine, but sometimes having that little extra from someone who knows exactly what you're going through and trying to achieve can help that little bit more.

      Delete