Hello all! It's already my (Debb's) turn to host the blog hop again...where does the time go?
In my immediate neck of the woods, even the bottom leaves of the oaks and maples have turned into their beautiful, gorgeous colors. It's sad, though, because with the heavy winds lately, half of the leaves have already fell onto the ground.
October is my favorite month of the year, but it is hastily moving on. So what am I doing? I am going to lighten up a little and see if I can choose two photos to make this a really fun blog hop. It's fun for me to look for two very unrelated photos that would yield the most curious stories. :)
Let's take a look at last week's stories. Settle back, relax...and be truly amazed at the abilities of the writers.
Saturday Night, Sunday Morning by Josh Bertetta
Playing Emergency by Karen Knapp
The Night The Lights Went Out In Georgia by Debb Stanton
Waking Up to a Mess by Tena Carr
Would you like to add to the fun and submit your own story for next week's hop? Everyone is welcome!
Here are the rules:
- Use the photo(s) and prompt provided to write a 500-word story; all elements of the prompt must be a feature in the brief story you create. We aren’t counting, but for the fairness of the readers please, no 1000+ word entries.
- The two photos must be visible in your unless the blog hostess has determined that it will be a 1 photo/5 words theme. If this is the case, the photo and 5 words MUST be clearly referenced in your story. Variations on a word are allowed within reason (for example: adding s, ed, ing to the word to be grammatically correct); but creating a new, unrelated, word is not. (To see an example of a “1 photo/5 word” story see Faith, Hope, Love, and Pink by one of our hostesses, Debb Stanton.)
- Photos are the property of the hostess for the week, unless otherwise mentioned. Please Do Not share photos and/or prompt words as your own.
- In order to honor the community-purpose of the blog hop, we ask that you please reference the blog hop (not one of the hostesses) in your post so your blog audience and the blog hop community may all be connected.
- Link your story through the blue froggy at the bottom by the following Tuesday (direct link to story, not your whole blog, please).
If you have any questions or need any help don’t hesitate to contact one of the hop hosts: Leanne, Debb, Tena or Heather.
And now, the moment I have been waiting for. I get to choose the prompts! I welcome your comments on what I chose: